Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Shoulder Surgery and House Selling and Moving and Commuting...Oh My!

Well, Kenny went to the doctor today, and they said his right shoulder is healing up very nicely.  He doesn't have to be in a sling anymore but still can't lift with his arm.  They have set the next surgery date for December 12.  The left shoulder has a torn tendon in the rotator cuff. We will just pray that everything will go as smoothly for the left shoulder as the right.


We finally have some traffic looking at the house.  Hopefully now that we have some people looking, we will be able to sell it.  I've got to get busy boxing stuff up, since when it does sell, Kenny won't be able to help.  I'm pretty sure that we're going to need a moving company.  It is hard to think about someone else in our house.  I hope that they love it as much as we have.  I guess you can't really think about that.

So, until the house sells, the commuting continues.  The kids have been great, but it will be nice when I can "go home" at the end of the day to my own house and not live out of a suitcase.  The good thing about this is that I plan my clothes for the week.  I should do that even when I'm not trying to pack a suitcase.  It does make getting ready in the morning less hectic when you already know what you are going to wear and it is all ironed.   Mostly, I don't want to have to scrape the frost off my car windows every morning.  What can I say?  I'm a whiner about that kind of thing. And this morning the frost was thick.  I'm dreading tomorrow morning already.

 

4 comments:

Clements Family said...

Bummer about Ken! No fun! I hope you sell your house soon so that you can have a "home."As for when you move, we will be there to help you if you need it!

The Millers said...

Mom, I told you you can park in the garage!

Taylor Smart said...

Well, you are tough. You'll sell your house. It's beautiful! Bummer about the shoulder surgery. I have been thinking about you. Love you!

Taylor Smart said...

This isn't Taylor. It's Kim. Apparently, I'm logged in as her. She loves you too though :).